Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spiritual Retreat

Roger and I went to a retreat center for ministers and missionaries this weekend. Seminary starts back on Monday and life once again becomes crazy. I turn into a single mother and he turns into a father with two full time jobs. To be completely honest... I have a massive amount of anxiety about class starting back.

So, we retreated into nature!

There is a small place in the middle of nowhere....THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE....that is available for ministers and their families to come for a time of spiritual renewal, fasting and listening to God. You are given a cabin and 500 acres to roam around on. We mainly stayed near the cabin reading, drinking tea, coffee and warm milk with honey, reading our devotionals, knitting, praying and talking to one another.

Our mornings were spent in solitude, away from one another. I took that time to read through my devotional and sit in silence as I watched the sun rise through the trees.
The rest of the day was spent listening to one another and to God. We both have a lot of stuff going on at the moment so it was nice to just BE.

We also went exploring!
I am a sucker for the woods. I thrive on being engulfed in nature.! At one point while we were out gazing at the magnificent stars I announced to the whole world that "some day I will live in a little cabin in the middle of nowhere. Oh dear nature I love you so!"

It was wonderful!

The whole time we were there I couldn't stop thinking about one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists, Phil Wickham.

Take a listen and be inspired!





No comments:

Post a Comment