Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Knitting Season is Here



The past couple of mornings have been so cool! I have been able to open the windows to let in the fresh air and sunshine. I love this time of year. Who doesn't? The air conditioner gets turned off, the windows get opened, and my knitting needles come out to play. Hats, Mittens, Scarfs and Socks OH MY!!!!


I'm super excited about this knitting season because I have a massive amount of little projects already lined up.

First project at hand or shall I say at the needles? HA HA HA HA HA Is a beautiful green scarf in a diamond shape pattern.

The kids go to bed and my needles come out along with a yummy glass of hot tea from my new favorite tea shop Cuppa (www.cuppateacafe.com). They have a wonderful selection of loose leaf teas to buy. Go check it out.

Tonight AS SOON AS Roger got home I headed to the craft store. It was AWESOME! I saw a few mothers there with their children and thought "yep, did that once and will avoid that at all cost." Anna enjoys craft stores WAY TOO MUCH so I have to leave her at home.

I had the yarn section ALL TO MY SELF!!! I felt as if I were on a spiritual pilgrimage. I was outside of the house.....with out the children....at a craft store.

Shhhhh I'll tell you a secret.....I also sneaked over to the book store on the way back home! *****BIG SMILE*****

As I was leaving the book store Roger called to inform me that he had a wonderful surprise waiting for me at home. I HATE the suspense of a surprise so I demanded he tell me over the phone. He had rented a cabin for us at a retreat center for ministers and missionaries! HOW LOVELY!!!

Happy knitting season to all and to all a cool night!

No comments:

Post a Comment