Thursday, August 12, 2010

Randomness

We are getting ready to leave for a town about 3 hours away to spend three days in a hotel with two small children. Then drive up to church on Sunday before driving back home. I am hopeful it should be a VERY interesting ADVENTURE. The good news is that it is a nice hotel with a pool and fitness center. YAY!!!! And I have a great book I am reading (The Poisonwood Bible)

We have a friend from high school that is getting married and has asked Roger to preside over the wedding. HIGH FIVE FOR WEDDINGS! Good thing I LOVE wedding cake!!! MMMMMMM Because we have been to a lot of weddings lately and there are still more to come. I wonder if there will be dancing at this one? I just love to dance. Roger doesn't like to but I have Paul and Anna to swing around with me! This wedding should be pretty cool in every way. It is going to be in a CAVE. Yep, you read that right. IN A CAVE!!!! How awesome is that?!?!?! Paul and I are super excited about seeing the cave!!! It is a cave that I have been wanting to visit since freshman year of college.

In other unrelated news, Anna and Paul have been up to their crazy ways. There is not a day that goes by that I don't laugh so hard I cry.

Anna's story:
I walked up the stairs and found her sitting at the top, with only her underwear and sandals on. She had lotion all over herself and was rubbing it ALL OVER the wall. I said "Anna, what are you doing?" she smiled and said "I rub lotion on my back, on my belly and on my NIPPLES!!" She said nipples in a sing song type of voice. Then she leaned over and whispered "I rub lotion on your body, mom?!?!"

Paul's story:
I was sitting on the couch reading a book, sipping some tea and he ran up to me and said in a VERY frustrated voice, "when is it going to SNOW? I've been waiting for 7 whole weeks." Then he proceeded to stare out the window praying for snow. I've explained the whole "there are 4 seasons" thing to him but I guess it just hasn't clicked. Or maybe he has a lot more faith than I do and really believes that if you pray hard enough for something that God will give it to you.


IT IS SOOOOOO HOT OUTSIDE. UHGGGGGGGG YUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment