Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can you believe the Summer Break is coming to an end?

This summer break, like every summer break, has flown by.

We have had a blast soaking up the sun, splashing in the water, traveling around the United States, visiting with friends and family, and exploring our new town.

It has been, by far, the most fabulous summer we have ever had.

Below is a video of Anna helping me fold the laundry.
The kids actually HELP me every Monday, cleaning day, and we all have a blast doing our little chores around the house.
Anna prefers to call her chores CHOICES because she says she "chooses to do them!"
Listen carefully to her saying so.


Monday evening was Paul's kindergarten open house.
It was very strange for Roger and I to be taking Paul to his VERY OWN kindergarten class.
Paul seems very excited about it all but kinda broke my heart when he said "you know mom, you would be a good kindergarten teacher. I sure wish you were MY kindergarten teacher!"
If only he knew how AWFUL of a kindergarten teacher I would be.
Seriously, I have no clue how people deal with THAT MANY little kids.
I'm a pretty patient person but not THAT patient.
YIKES
To celebrate the last couple of days of summer break we decided to take a lovely drive through the county.
We started off by stopping by the property that our church owns and plans to build on soon.

Then we ventured on into the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.
After stopping to make sure that a farmer knew his BULL WAS OUT OF THE FENCE AND IN THE ROAD we picked the kids up a snack at a run down gas station in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

As we began our journey back to civilization we decided to stop by uncle Tyler's farm house to enjoy the sunset and catch some lightenin' bugs.

There was very little lightenin' bug catching but the sunset was STUNNING!
Seriously, no joke, the prettiest sunset EVER.
I tried to take a picture of it but it just didn't do it justice.

Later in the evening the kids started getting NUTTS so we decided to catch them and tie 'em up in a net to keep them contained.
Only joking about the net thing.  
But they did chill out in the hammock for a good while which freed me up a bit!

Today, the last day before Paul starts kindergarten, has been full of SUMMER FUN!



Mom and Dad got this slip n slide for Paul for his 6th birthday. I tried to explain to Paul that they LOOK like a LOT of fun but that they, most of the time, don't slide too well. I didn't want him to get his little hopes up then have them crushed when he didn't slide too much.

I filmed him sliding for the first time because it is HILARIOUS to me when a child attempts to slide on those things.



Paul and Anna gave up on the sliding part of the the contraption and instead had a BLAST slipping all over the place.

We plan on ending our last night of summer break by grilling out some fish!
Roger has already said he wants to give the slip n slide a try tonight so that should be HILARIOUS to watch. 
I doubt he'll let me film him though. 
sorry.

Tomorrow is an early morning with hopefully no tears.
At least from Paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment