Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peace in the Crazy

I love to read.

I am a connoisseur of books!

Well, maybe that above statement is a little TOO much.

But you get the point.

I would EAT books if that were possible.

I find them to be delicious!

Whenever I find a good book that I can hardly but down I try so hard to read through it slowly because I fear that it is possibly the last GREAT book in the entire world.

A friend of mine just recently suggested Beth Hoffman's book Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.
I am a SUCKER for southern literature...... 
..........And southern food.............
................And southern style movies......
...........And the south in general!
LOVE IT!

Reading this book has given me so much pleasure and I'm not even half way through it.
I'm anxious to find out what happens to little CeeCee but I just don't want it to end.

Can this book just go on forever and ever?

My guilty pleasure is sneaking off in the back yard by myself, under the two cherry trees and reading.
It's like eating ice cream.
I get so giggly when I find a little bit of time in the afternoon to sneak off to my favorite reading spot. 

I can get about 30 minutes of reading time in, which is not NEARLY enough, before the kids or my husband find me.  

Yesterday afternoon was plum near perfect.
The air was warm but the breeze was cool.
The leaves were slowly falling around me as I sat barefoot, book in hand.
I didn't want that moment to end.

My friend Amanda is currently working on her first novel and has been meeting with the author Beth Hoffman to learn the ropes of publishing and enjoy some friendly chit chat between two writers. She told me that Beth Hoffman used to be a very well know interior designer. After a bought with a very serious illness Beth decided to sell her company and begin writing this book that she felt was within her.  Just about everyone thought she had lost her mind until her book became a New York Times bestseller!  


I just LOVE that story!

It's a wonderful example of listening to the call within!!
I feel that so many people in todays society ignore that internal tug.
They mask it with the tug of our culture.
Maybe that's why you have so many people running around with no true purpose.
Lost in a world full of instant gratification and reality television.
Blind and deaf to the Mystical experiences within and around us.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Amanda's rough draft of her novel.
I eat up just about everything that she writes and I just KNOW that I am going to treasure her book.

Amanda currently freelance writes for Kentucky Monthly magazine.
She just finished a coffee table book that my husband, Roger, cowrote with her, called Sacred Places of Kentucky.
( you can pre-order the book HERE)
And last, but not least, her book Kentucky A-Z is coming out soon!!  It is a book about her adventures traveling through kentucky.  You will laugh, cry and reminisce with her through this book.
SO EXCITING!!!


Now lookey here, I have given you a wonderful christmas list option for your close friends!!

Ihave no cue how to end this blog post but I gotta end it right now because little miss anna is digging in the freezer as I type.  

oh good Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment