Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today Was a Dozy

Today has been somewhat challenging.  Anna and Paul are starting to get really needy. Why are kids so needy?  I know I shouldn't even ask such a stupid question.  I'm just venting some frustration.  Can't I vent just a little?!?!?

Taking care of children all day is physically and mentally challenging. I am constantly having to think of fun, developmentally appropriate and slightly educational things for them to do which causes my brain to work in overload.  Then I try my best to take care of their needs and that physically wears my body out. Bathing, feeding, walking, carrying up the stairs, picking up toys, cleaning their butts, chasing them on the playground......

It's funny how people that are pregnant worry about getting the baby weight off. Let me tell ya from experience, the constant motion of parenthood does wonders for the waist line.  I have a problem with keeping the weight on me. With two little ones I am on the go, up and down, from 7am until 8:30pm.  Plus I take nightly runs in order to reales some of the tension that parenthood brings.  Between my runs, taking care of the kids and having to share everything I eat with two other people, I have lost all that baby weight and more.

Back to the topic at hand.

Today was a dozy.

I usually go to class on Tuesday nights so that is my kinda  FREE TIME from the demands of children.

Isn't that strange that I see going to seminary as a mini vacation each week?

However, this week was Fall Break.

AAAAAAHHHHH  

So, instead of heading to class after the kids woke up from nap and received their afternoon snack, I instead took them to the park so they could play until dinner time.  Then I had to help with preparing dinner, serving dinner and putting the kids to bed all while trying to catch up on some reading for class.

I know.  I am whining and I should stop but I'm not going to.

I know I do those things every single day all day long and that is the point, Tuesdays are MY DAYS for a break and I didn't get that.  I demand Fall break be canceled ALWAYS.  I NEED that class time for my sanity.

You know what's funny though?

When the kids are in bed, the house is quite, I get really giddy.

I feel the urge to scream out "AH HA I GET TO DO WHATEVER I WANT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"  

You don't appreciate the small act of grabbing something out of the refrigerator and eating it without someone taking it from you, until you have children.  You also don't really appreciate how fun a quite house can be, until you have two children running through it screaming and crying.  But be extra careful.  A quite house can lead to an even louder house....if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment