Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sick Momma

Boy oh boy was I sick today. It was horrible. I thought I was going to die. I was actually praying to die. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

At around 9am this morning I started feeling so bad I couldn't hardly walk. I ended up in the fetal position near the toilet screaming for God to "take away the pain." I had no clue what to do or what in the world was going on.

I was at home alone with the two kids (both of whom were sick also), my husband was 2 hours away working and wasn't going to be home until after 8pm. I wanted to cry but I was busy cleaning up Anna's diarrhea, taking Paul's temperature and throwing up everything in my stomach.  

I'm telling ya. It got BAD.

I was reading the kids a book before their nap time and had to run to the toilet with every page I turned on the book.

Paul understood that I was really sick and at one point ran to the kitchen, brought me back a Sprite and a glass then said "only take small sips mommy or it will make you sick."  He even rubbed my back while I dry heaved in the toilet "It's ok mommy. Throwing up is scary but it will make you feel better." I'm so proud of him! He is tuning out to be such a sweet young man.

At one point, mid vomit, I had to yell out "Anna stop ripping the pages out of your book or I will.....*****vomit***** sit you in time out young lady."

I finally gave up and called my sister Layla, who lives the closest to me at 30min away, for HELP.  I really needed it. There was no way I could tend to the kids and vomit at the same time.

Layla came to the rescue and stayed until my husband called to confirm he was on his way home.

The lesson I have learned is that being a mommy and being sick are a horrible combination but don't hesitate to call for help. Many, many times I have tried to battle through being a sick caregiver but I learned today that I have people who love and care about me and who are more than willing to help as soon as I ask.

Layla played with the kids while I crashed in bed with my heating pad and sprite.  I have no clue what I would have done without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment