Friday, February 25, 2011

Raspberries and Cream


WEW, what a week.

It has been a GREAT week but a super exhausting one.
You know those kinds of weeks?

Monday the kids and I went to the yarn store to pick up some.... YARN. 
My new project is a blanket for me and the kids to snuggle up with during our reading time. 

Every day from 1:30pm until a little after 2pm we snuggle on the couch and read read read read read. 

It has to be one of my favorite times of the day. ( besides my morning devotional time :) )

I LOVE reading picture books out loud! 
Children's books are always so adventurous and magical.

Speaking of.... I was talking to another mom today about being a BIG kid. We agreed that having children gives you a pass back to the magical and adventurous stage of your childhood. Then we laughed about all the BIG KID things we have done and she shared a pointer with me on how to go faster down the MASSIVE slide at the indoor park. I gave it a try and it was SUPER FUN!


Back to the reading thing.......
I also LOVE to see Paul and Anna's little eyes light up when I read one of their favorite books.

Some of the books that we have read over and over again, Paul has memorized and can "read" them to us. It is pretty impressive to hear him "read" The Best Nest to us. 
He never misses a word.

Anyway, I wanted to make a blanket for that special part of the day. 
A blanket that they can look to when I am dead and gone "momma made this blanket for us. We used to snuggle up with it while she read us a book!"

I know, I am weird and sappy but I am ok with that. :)

The pattern is called Raspberries and Cream. It has a seed stitch border all around and a simple pattern throughout with two colors (kelly green and heather)

R1: (with kelly green color) k2, sl1 (ending with k2)
R2: (withkelly green color)p2, sl1 (ending with p2)
R3: (with heather color) knit
R4: (with heather color) purl

Here is what I have so far. 

I have a long way to go.  I casted on 199 stitches.  14 stitches for the boarder and 185 for the pattern. I also knitted 10 rows of seed stitch on the bottom with the heather color before starting the pattern with Kelly Green.

The kids are doing GREAT.

They have been playing LIKE CRAZY.
We went to the indoor playground twice this week to meet up with friends and tonight one of Paul's friends is coming over to have dinner and sundaes.  

Next Friday we are going out to lunch with two of his preschool friends and their Mommies!



No comments:

Post a Comment