Sunday, September 5, 2010

update...another one

yet another house update:

The open house yesterday went GREAT! 

3 groups came through and one couple seemed VERY interested. Our Realtor is going to touch base with them this coming week.

Maybe we will actually sell this house!


 
Another quick update:

I have started my 4th semester at seminary and Roger has started his last year!

Our Seminary, Baptist Seminary of Kentucky, has moved to the Georgetown College campus!  We both graduated there so it is super nice to be back on campus again.

I LOVE IT!  It feels like home.

I am taking my first Pastoral Care and Counseling class.

For those of you who have no clue. I am in the process of pursuing my Master of Divinity with a concentration in Pastoral Care and Counseling.  It is a 90hr master program so I will be there for a very long time. :/ 

I am so excited about the class I am taking this semester!  

We are learning how to conduct a session!  

I'm a bit intimated by the lab work. We will be having labs in which we are being filmed while we see clients. The clients are students in the class ho play the part.  We all take turns being the helper and the client. Then that video is going to be shown to the class and the class and professor will critique it. 

That is going to cause me a massive amount of anxiety.  However, I am so excited to be able to actually learn how to conduct a session (intakes, explorations, insights and actions)  YAY

The reading material is great as well. 

The main office of the seminary is in the Georgetown College library. Go check it out. It is in the room with the fire place. Walk in and go to the right. Keep going back. You'll see it.  I think it is stunning!






No comments:

Post a Comment