Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dog Verses Children

The kids had been asking for a dog for a VERY long time.  I mean, they have only been alive for 6 1/2 and 3 1/2 years but ever since they could talk they have been asking for a dog.

I always had a dog when I was younger.  I was born into a family that owned a little cocker spaniel.  Dogs have always been a part of my life but honestly I never really took care of a dog.  Yep, my poor dad always did the dog work.

So, when we found the most perfect dog in the world at the local dog pound I jumped on the opportunity. however, Roger and I were so nervous about how getting a dog would affect our already hectic lives.

We couldn't be more pleased with the dog, well, actually we could, if the little feller could walk himself that would be FANTASTIC!  but he doesn't so we shall forgive him for that.

Jimmy Boy has such a wonderful temperament.   See for yourself.
He keeps Anna entertained for hours on end.  She plays baby with him and beauty shop and chases the poor thing through the house.

In my mind I was dreading the whole barking and running through the house that I thought this dog might be tempted to do. Because, yeah know,  the kids already do that and it kinda drives me a tad bit nuts .  

So far so good.  He is a pretty mellow little guy.  He runs the steam off in the back yard and comes inside to chill with his people. He thinks the kids are CRAZY and I totally agree with him on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment