Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cardiologist Appointment Tomorrow

I have a cardiologist appointment tomorrow.
I am a tad bit nervous about it.
Well, actually I am plum near terrified.
I haven't been feeling very well lately.
I am currently wearing a 30 day halter monitor to record these episodes that I have been having and for the past week the episodes have increased.

 I can still function during the episodes, they aren't bothersome enough to knock me down but it is a struggle to keep on working through them.  Last night as I was getting the kids ready for bed I had several of the episodes.  I just held on to the bathroom sink and kept on instructing Anna to brush her teeth. I refused to let Roger help be because I am a pain in the butt when I am bound and determined to be perfectly healthy. 

During the episodes my chest gets really tight, starts to burn a little bit (but only sometimes), I start feeling nauseous and short of breath. I also start feeling my heart doing really strange beats like it is skipping.

Tomorrow my appointment is with the main cardiologist, not the pacemaker doctor.  This doctor that I am going to go to tomorrow will be focusing on examining the structure of my heart.
I'm scared.

It has been a while since I, as I say, started going down hill in the heart health.
That is probably an over statement but that is what I feel like.
I feel like having to get a pacemaker and be put on 2 different kinds of medicine was a low point.
I just keep waiting for the next low point and I just have that feeling that it is close.
I know, I am a total Debbie Downer at the moment.
It's hard not to be when just a few months ago I had no problem at all taking my long walks and now it is such a fight to get up that darn hill on Mable St.


No comments:

Post a Comment