Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Epiphany 2012

What do a Pastor, a Seminary Student, a Biologist, a Teacher, a Lawyer and a Personal Trainer all have in common?

No this is not some kind of a joke.

do you give up?

They are a few of our friends!!!

Although our lives have changed a LOT in the past few years we still all remain close.

You know those kind of friends that you can just let loose with and spend hours and hours talking about nothing in particular and laughing so hard your gut hurts?

Yep!  That's what I am talking about.

Every year we try to have some sort of Christmas party but this year Christmas kind of got away from us, and so did New Years, so we decided at the last minute to have an Epiphany party.

Everyone was instructed to bring a book from their personal book shelves, wrap it up and bring it with them. Along with a side item that would go well with the pork tenderloin. 

We played the gift game and each of us ended up leaving with a different book.

Roger and I totally scored on the whole book exchange!
Rog got Tyler's Backyard Homestead book that I have been DYING to have. My mom has that book and I have tried stealing it from her but she wouldn't let THAT happen.

I ended up getting the book Colt brought called Lost Mountain by Erik Reece. It is about the radical strip mining and the devastation of Appalachia.   I am SOOOOO EXCITED to read it!

Once I put the kids to bed I forced EVERYONE to play a game with me.

My parents got Roger and I this game called Head Banz where each person puts a word (that they can't see and have no clue what it is) on their heads and  then try to guess it by asking the group of people yes or no questions.  It can be rather hilarious.
beer and church

pamela anderson and melons



It cracks me up that we are all grown up professionals now. It is like we are pulling a big one, "ha ha ha they think we are adults but really we are just little kids!"
I guess this is how our parents felt when they hit their mid 20's/ early 30's?

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
- C.S Lewsi


No comments:

Post a Comment