Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Wreath for Lent

I went to Michael's to pick up some knitting stuff this afternoon.

Paul tagged along with me.

The first thing he noticed was the amount of Easter decorations there were.

We both got REALLY excited about decorating our new house for Easter.

I started to look around for some stuff to make a wreath for Easter/Spring to hang on the door.

Then it hit me..... "Jessica, you can't decorate for Easter yet. This Wednesday is the first day of Lent." 

So, I got to thinking "what can I put up that I can, on Easter Sunday, transform. Something that I can use to remind us of Lent?"

I found a "make your own" wreath for 4.99. 

I have decided to put it up on Wednesday (the first day of lent) and leave it plain like this until Good Friday. On Good friday I will put a black bow on the wreath and then on Resurrection Sunday I will put a beautiful White bow on it!

I think this is going to be a wonderful way to teach the kids about Lent, Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. Neat!

    My priest's wife wanted to put dead flowers on the altar. I told her it was... premature.

    ReplyDelete