Saturday, January 29, 2011

Where's the Love

As I walk around my neighborhood I am constantly reminded that we are in war. The sounds coming from Ft. Knox, when we first moved here, scared me. I kept looking around very confused until someone said "that is Ft. Knox.... they are practicing."  It sounds like a car crash.  I'll just be walking around minding my own business and BAAAAAAAMMM.  It has taken me a little while to get used to the sounds.

It is also taking me a while to get used to all of the army gear every where.  I have never lived in a town that it is a normal occurrence to see army vehicles everywhere and people in their army gear.  I feel like I am in a different world.

I have always loved this song..........




As I was walking around the neighborhood, feeling VERY safe and not fearing for my life, I couldn't help but feel blessed.  Blessed to be where I am.  Blessed to have never experienced the fear that some people experience on a daily basis

I don't understand war. I HATE it. I hate the thought of human beings killing one another. I am sickened by the thought of innocent little children being gunned down, tortured, burned alive.  I just don't get it. I can't wrap by mind around it.  I can't wrap my mind around people being trained to kill others.  I don't get it.

I'm so confused.

I'm thankful for the safe place that I get to live in. The safe place I get to raise my children in. But I am sickened when I think about what is going on around me to keep this home of ours safe.

I guess we all wish there was some other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment