Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This afternoon as I was sitting at the dinner table with Paul and Anna, missing Roger, exhaustion overcame me. I looked at the clock and thought that there was no way I was going to be able to clean up after dinner, bathe both of the kids and get them to bed.   
I sat staring out the window as Paul talked and Anna screamed.

So you can imagine how I felt when Anna excitedly asked, "Mommy can we PLEASE take a family bike ride after dinner?"

I left the dinner table a mess, put the dog in the crate, hunted down a wrench and went to work putting Paul's training wheels back on his bike. 
(before dinner I was attempting to teach him how to ride without them. "mom I don't want to learn to ride a bike. I can walk. i LIKE walking.")

We set off through downtown; Paul on his very own bike (with training wheels) and Anna riding on the back carrier of mine.
I got a boost of energy and it ended up being a lot of fun.
yep. she rode in her bathing suit. the child LIVES in that bathing suit during warm months.

I love getting to be a kid with my kids!

The road we live on has barely any traffic so Paul and I rode down it, racing.
We stayed out riding for over an hour, enjoying the sun set.
 "Mom my legs are hurting." -Paul

Paul just got out of the shower and is picking out his bedtime book.
Anna is still soaking in her bubble bath.
The windows are open, allowing a cool spring breeze to fill the house.
Dinner is cleaned up and a glass of sweet white wine is calling my name.

I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my husband.
He went to his last class EVER today!
(Maybe. He's now talking about the possibility of going on to get his PhD)

I'm going to plant a BIG KISS on his lips as soon as he pulls into the drive.
I'm so excited about his graduation on Saturday.  I'm like a giddy school girl!!!!!


Counting and Measuring by Chuck Costa

No comments:

Post a Comment