Monday, May 7, 2012

2 + 8 = 10

Since Roger is in the middle of desperately trying to finish up his seminary papers, I spent my birthday like any other day.

cooking, cleaning, sewing, and chasing children.


I have to say that by far my favorite part of my tasks was mowing the grass.

I LOVE MOWING THE GRASS!!!!

I get tons of exercise from the push mower that weighs a ton, I get to be OUTSIDE, and I get a chance to be away from the kids for a bit.
However, I do sneeze like CRAZY because of my allergies.

All the other things that I do (dishes, laundry, mopping and sewing) the kids are always right beside me eager to help. (which I like. most of the time. I enjoy teaching them to work).  
However, there is something so wonderful about being outside in the yard getting all sweaty, being productive. 

By the time Roger got home later in the evening I had the house cleaned, the yard mowed and dinner prepared. 

 Ok, so I fibbed about the dinner.  I totally called him on his way home and asked him to bring the birthday girl home a veggie pizza from Papa Murphes to pop in the oven. 
The heat from mowing the grass left me spongy.
The last thing I wanted to do was cook.

While I was up in the cherry tree helping Paul pick some ripe cherries,  I noticed Roger slipping into the house with a cake.

I told him not to, that I would make my own, but the sneaky, thoughtful man that I married knew that I would spend my time mowing the lawn rather than making a cake, so he bought me one.  

After dinner the kids cuddled up with me to wish me a happy 28th as Roger set out the cake.



Then Paul started singing me Happy Birthday....... IN SPANISH!!!




As I blew out my candles on another year down. I kept thinking "this should be a good year. 2 and 8 are both even numbers and when you add them together you get an even number!!"



This afternoon, the day after my birthday, Paul asked me "Mom did you have a good day yesterday. Did it feel like your birthday?  Anna and I wanted to make it special for you."

They had both made little gifts for me.

Each and every day of my life is made special simply by their presents in it. 
I am so grateful to have these two spunky kids in my life.

I pray that I am able to live long enough to watch them grow into adults.



No comments:

Post a Comment