Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Paul and Anna


I am so proud of Anna and Paul! So, I have to write a post about how smart, loving and funny our beautiful children are.

Anna, since she was born, has wanted to be just like her big brother. I guess that is pretty typical. Paul, ever since Anna was born, wants to teach his little sister any and everything about life. As soon as Anna gets up in the morning she asks for Paul and as soon as Paul gets up in the morning he asks for Anna. Every night before bed they brush their teeth together, read a book together and then give each other a BIG hug and exchange "I love you." It melts my heart to be walking through the house and hear them call out to one another "goodnight Anna, I love you so much." "goodnight Paul I love you toooooo much." I have tried my best to raise them to care for one another, to love one another and to respect one another. I have to say that I think I am doing pretty well!! :) Ya see, my psychology degree IS coming in handy. Along with a massive amount of time spent in prayer. And that isn't a joke. I do spend a lot of time in prayer about my parenting and my children. Each and every day I want them to experience the love of Christ through me. I strongly feel that that is my job as their parent.



To the story at hand.

Yesterday I walked in the bathroom to find Anna sitting on her little toilet, with her diaper off and Paul standing beside her. Then I noticed that Anna had actually pooed in her little toilet.The child isn't even potty trained YET. I was shocked. She had walked herself in the bathroom, took her diaper off and pooed in the toilet all by herself. Then Paul looked up at me in a proud big brother sort of way and said "I taught her how to go to the bathroom." He had noticed that Anna was needing to go to the bathroom and helped her out. Without even saying a word to Roger and I.

how sweet is that?!?! Not only is Paul helping Anna out but Anna is learning to poo and pee in the toilet. YAY!! I have been changing diapers for almost 5 years. When anna was born paul was 2 and not potty trained. Then when I finally got him potty trained I had anna's diapers to still change. I have no clue what I am going to do with all the money I am going to be saving when I don't have diapers to buy. It is going to be so weird to not have a child running around in diapers. It is such a strange thing to think about.

They are both getting so big and I feel so blessed that i have been able to spend so much time with them; loving them, teaching them and playing with them. They really are so much fun and bring me so much joy!






1 comment:

  1. It is a blessing to have children who truly care for each other. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete