Thursday, November 10, 2011

they actually cleaned the kitchen

I don't know what in the world is going on but my children are actually helping me!

Ever since they could "help" I have let them.
They are always following me around "helping" with the house chores but tonight I actually sat back and watched as they completed a chore.  I wanted to cry that Roger wasn't here to see it but hopefully they will keep it up and he will be here to see our children growing up in the near future.

After dinner was over Paul and Anna cleaned their dishes off, loaded the dish washer and wiped off the table.  I just sat there in awe at how willing and excited they were to help out.  
They even put away the cooking stuff.
I am being totally serious when I say that the only thing that I did was sweep the floor.

Get this, when they were finished cleaning the kitchen Paul said to me "mom, can I do my homework now?" and anna went into the living room to read books to herself.

MY GOODNESS THESE KIDS ROCK!!!

Oh and have a mentioned before that Paul bathes himself now?  He gets the bath ready, gets in, scrubs his body and even washes his hair.   Anna has gotten the body washing down but I still have to get the bath ready and wash her hair.   They are growing up SO DARN FAST.  

I am so thankful that I decided to do the seminary and work thing once they reach an older more self sufficient age. I am really enjoying watching and guiding these two spunky kids into become self sufficient little people!!   



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am totally impressed:) Can you come and work with my children on this too? ;) Unfortunately my children have picked up my own loathing for cleaning the kitchen.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog - You will just have to wait for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete