Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Applying for a Job

I just finished applying for a job.
yep, that's right, a JOB.
A job other than the mom job that I have had for the past 6 years.
Well, I don;t know if you would say that I have been full time stay at home mom for 6 years but I've been a mom that long. 
I've only been a full time, no other job but the mom job, for 3 1/2 years.
It's been wonderful, crazy, exhausting and a BLAST but I have GOT TO GET A PAYING JOB.

Although I feel that being a Parent is the most important job in the whole entire world, i also feel like being able to have money to feed your family is pretty darn important too.

I found an AWESOME job (or so it seems) at a local mental health facility.
It requires a BA in psychology (CHECK!!) and the hours are from noon - midnight on Saturday and Sunday (CHECK!!)
The BIGGEST obstacle for me getting a job is the kids. Who's going to pick Paul up from school and take care of Anna all day.  Daycare is CRAZY expensive so that is not an option and Roger works really bizarre hours (late nights, random calls out, class).  So when I saw this job posting I jumped on it.  I mean seriously I JUMPED on it.  I saw it last night and I have sent in my resume' just now, after hours and hours of updating the darn thing and writing a cover letter and getting new references.......
Applying for a job is a LOT of work.  

Roger is nervous about our marital relationship if he works during the week and I work the weekends but I have assured him that if I get the job we will still have plenty of time to see one another throughout the week and in the mornings on Saturday and the fact that we will no longer have the stress of living paycheck to paycheck is well worth it.

Honestly I am REALLY excited about the possibility of getting this job!
I have been itching to go back to work in the mental health field. I really love working with that population of people. I get so much joy out of it.


The most wonderful thing of all is that I'll still be able to be a full time mom throughout the week and on Saturday mornings.
That would be such a HUGE answer to prayer. 

Pray. Pray. Pray. that I at least get a call back.
I know that in this economy it is super hard to get a job. Everyone is applying EVERYWHERE for anything.  This job sounds like absolute heaven to me. The hours are wonderful for me and my little family and the job description is right up my ally.  It would also be such a wonderful opportunity for me to gain even more experience in mental health field.

I'm giddy with excitement even though I know applying for this job is like throwing a needle in a corn field.   But what if I do get a call back!!!!   what if I do get the job!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of good, job-getting vibes your way! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete