Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer Day Lilies

We've had an excellent uplifting weekend. We dropped the kids off at our parents house on Thursday and have spent the weekend meeting new people and joking around with old friends. It's been great.

On Friday we all met at Al's bar and enjoyed some good music and yummy bison burgers. Our friends Amanda and Justin found this group called the Seedy Seeds (check them out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az-JA89uW6U )and then found out they were going to be at a favorite bar of ours that just so happens to be within walking distance of their house.  YAY "We MUST go!!!   It is CRUCIAL" 

After the show we all went back to Theresa's house. A girl that I have just recently met and become friends with. She frequents the house church that Amanda and Justin attend. YAY for meeting new people that are COOL!!!!!!! We all sat around, stood around, laughing at random things until we decided "hey, let's play Scatagories."  And so we did.  Hilarious!!!  I must say Justin and Roger have rather weird thoughts.  I also must say how refreshing it was to be around people who are relaxed, enjoying life and not to wrapped up in the business of life. I just get so tired of the conversation of "how are you all today??"  "Oh, busy."  

This morning Roger and I enjoyed sleeping in!!!  YAY slept in until 9:30!!!  HOLLLER  Then we took a long bike ride down near the railroad tracks. It was nice being out together enjoying the beautiful weather and the town. We rode down to the farmers market and bought WAY to many onions.  They laughed at how funny my backpack looked with onion stems sticking out the top. "hey gotta support the locals"

After the bike ride we headed for college park and attempted to play tennis.  It was rather hilarious. "Ok, here's the plan. Lets try to hit it back and forth 5 times."  We never got to the goal but we had fun trying. We also had fun picking up the balls after the game. It felt like easter all over again. "I know it landed over here somewhere."

Showers, a quick lunch and a few words spoken on the back porch and we found our selves headed  to the city. We found, well, we asked Justin and Amanda and they led us to a nice little coffee shop were we enjoyed sipping tea/coffee, reading will and lisa samson/studying Greek, and talking about social justice issues that have been plaguing our minds. When the coffee shop felt as if it was closing in on us we took a walk around the university's campus and day dreamed about going to grad school together. I for my marriage and family degree and roger for his church history.  Oh, I sure hope we get in to the school we want or well, I guess we'll just keep trying until we do. Or we'll just burn the place down.

This evening we met up with Justin and Amanda yet again and attended a block party on, yes you guessed it, their block. YAY for meeting people....AGAIN!!!  It was great. I was able to get so many ideas about how to go about throwing a block party. We plan on doing that here on our little block. YAY for meeting your neighbors!!!!  YAY for no garage doors!!!!!!  YAY for front porches!!!!!!   YAY for nice weather!!!!!!   

Tomorrow a lot of people are getting together early in the morning for a bike ride through the country.  I want to go so bad that I could, well, go. But I feel that I shouldn't skip my church. We're trying to build community here so I can't keep running off to a community that has already been established.  sadness.  But I sure am glad that those wonderful people are their for support.  There have been many a time that I have said "Rog lets sell the house and move to the city near friends.  I can't stand this any more."  But I truly feel like we are here for some reason.  There's always a reason.  It's not always the easiest thing but there is always a reason.  So, here we are.  In a town where we know few and can't seem to find like minded people.  However, I do have hope that they are out there and I shall be on a quest to find them!!!  Or I''ll just convert my neighbors!!! HA HA sneaky!!!    And I'll take frequent trips into the city for support.  After all we went 5 years driving 45 min to and from work.  20 min is a piece of cake!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment