Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vacation day 2








Today we spent all morning at the pool.  At noon the men folk came out and asked us to come in. They had made us all lunch!!  How sweet!

After lunch we packed up our things, got on our bikes and rode the mile to the beach. It was such a beautiful ride through the trees! So flat and so peaceful.


At the beach alex and the kids enjoyed making sand castles. Roger and I bought a cheap kite at the store and had a great time TRYING to flying it.  Mary, Paul and I took a very long bike ride down the shore. I felt like I was in a movie. It was so great. I even rode the bike with paul into the waves!!  Paul screamed with laughter as the water crashed into the tire and then onto our legs. We found a shallow spot in the ocean and walked out on this island thing. It was so awesome to be WAY out in the ocean surrounded by water, on this little island. While there we saw a MASSIVE jellyfish, a beautiful starfish (which I picked up and let Paul hold) and tons of these MASSIVE looking crabs.  




When we got back to the house Mary made us a lovely chicken dinner!  mmmmm

I went to the local mall on the island and got the twilight book.  After the yummy chicken and a nice hot shower to wash MOST of the sand that I picked up from the beach off my sticky sun lotiony body, I jumped in my jammies and curled up on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun. I wish I was at the beach. I'll try not to be too jealous. Enjoy your lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete