Thursday, March 5, 2009

oh happy day

Today has been such a beautiful day!! I was so happy about the sunshine and 63 degree weather. I sure needed it. Being locked up in the house with two kids gets kinda old after a while.

After I picked up Paul from school this afternoon I took both the kids over to the church park. The church where Roger is youth minister has a pretty nice little fenced in park off to the side. Roger took his lunch break and came out side and played with me and the kids for about an hour. It was nice being able to have an hour together to play outside in the sunshine!!!!

After the church park Paul decided he wanted to visit to local down town park so I thought "well, it is a beautiful day." So, we went!!! Guess who was there?? The MASSIVE family that I talked about in a previous blog. You know the ones that the Dad had running around doing army drills and timed them. yeah, that family. Guess what they were doing? you guessed it. They were on the side of the hill doing push ups with the dad. The littlest one came running up to me, grabbed Anna;s face (she was in the stroller) and started kissing her and saying "oh, hi baby." It WAS sweet but I had to explain that we can't be to aweful rough with little babies. Then the oldest kid (I think he MIGHT be a freshman in high school but he also might still be in middle school) came up and explained that the littlest one just loves babies and that they have a one week old at home. I was SHOCKED!!! my mouth flung open. I said "so, how many does that make??" He responded with "9". NINE KIDS!!! OMG. They are such a sweet MASSIVE family. But man, as a mother of just two I can't even imagine. I don't want to imagine. Man, my vagina hurts even thinking about 9 people coming out of it. But those kind of numbers were normal back then. I mean some people had 25 kids. But geese. I don't disagree with having that many kids, but I just can't help but think "How are you going to pay for college??" To be honest I would LOVE to have a MASSIVE family.....if I had the money and my heart was healthy.

Anyway, it was nice to see the massive family again!!!! The Dad's a little strange but the kids all seem VERY intelligent and they are not lacking in social skills (sorry psychologist part of me). I wonder if they are home schooled?? I wonder if the Dad is a stay at home dad? It seems like he is the one that stays home but maybe he just takes them to the park to let the mother have a break. Ohhh, that's so sweet.

Alright, back to the story. So, Roger has class from 6 to 9pm EVERY thursday night. SUCKS. He gets home from work, I run to the gym FAST and then he leaves as soon as I get back. Before I picked Paul up from school I went to the library and got the new Charlottes Web movie. Paul and I have started having date night on thrusdays. We watch a movie and eat popcorn until bed. It gives me something other than "roger is gone ALL DAY and NIGHT LONG" to look forward to!!!

Speaking of. How in the world have we gotten so busy lately. When did that happen?? I guess we are back to the whole tag team we're both going to school thing. It kinda sucks but the times that we are together are even sweeter.

I shall go check on the kids and see if naptime/mama sits outside and blogs time is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment