Thursday, April 2, 2009

a day to reflect

I'm so tired and have no clue what to do with myself.  Should I take a nap, sit outside and read the pleasure book I brought that I think sucks (twilight), should I work on my paper that is due the monday after we get back, should I go sit in the hot tub in the rain??  Who knows??  It is a dilemma.  So, I guess I will right a blog and see what happens after that.

Today is our last day at the beach. (sad times)  but it has been a very relaxing day (even though I am tired right now.)  This morning I got up bright a early (not really) and sat alone with a cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal and my Bible. After that I put on my walking gear and took off alone on the mile walk to the beach through the beautiful trees. A storm was brewing on the horizon so it was dark and misty but oh so lovely. I enjoyed taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of the world around me. At one point I found myself rubbing my hand across the bushes to watch the dew drop onto the ground and onto my hand.

The beach was beautiful. There is just something sacred about being alone on the beach in the morning hours. I walked a little ways down to where all the MASSIVE houses are. It seemed more peaceful there. It was away from the hotels and resorts. I found myself sitting on the wet sand close enough to the ocean that the waves were touching the tip top of my shoes. I sat there for a good 30 min.  Looking out.  Contemplating life.   Then all of a sudden I saw something in the distance.  I focused my eyes as much as I could and I believe there was a group of dolphins jumping.  Who knows if that is really what I saw.  But at that moment that is what my mind saw.  My heart smiled.


On the walk back to the resort I stopped into the resort that Roger and I stayed at on our honeymoon 5 years ago. I walked around reminiscing about our stay and how much we have grown as individuals and as a couple. I began to wonder what our next five years would be like.
 
After a nice hot shower Roger and I decided to have lunch at the same place we ate at during our honeymoon. It is a restraunt located in the hilton at the weston resort here on the island. We had alligator for appetizer, I had shrimp and grits ( a local fav) and he had some sort of chicken sandwich thing.  We also split a glass of Riesling. 

Since I got back from my walk this morning it has been pouring the rain. But we have still had a lovely day. I feel very blessed to be alive. This afternoon we plan on going to the ocean and jumping in. No matter how cold or rainy. Then we are going to run to the nearest hot tub to warm up.  My only fear is that Ill get eaten by a shark. But what is the likely hood??  Adventure, that it my middle name.  Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment