Wednesday, April 22, 2009

what a day

As we were walking back from the park i noticed that our gutter on the front of the house, above the porch looked like it was sagging a bit. So, I decided that I wanted to climb out on the roof to check out the gutter. Roger, got freaked out and didn't want me out on the roof alone ( a man thing I guess).  Being the determined little snot I am I climbed out on the roof with him anyway.

We crawled out of Anna's window so I just left the kids in her room with the door shut. I left the window open because paul was standing there watching us and I was hanging out close by the window.  All of a sudden I heard a scream. I turned towards the window and noticed that it had slammed shut all by itself. (they're very OLD windows)  Then I noticed that Anna's hands were under the closed window. I screamed "Roger, oh my GOD."  It seemed like it took forever but we finally managed to get the window open only to find Anna's hand completely smashed. It looked horrible. A mother's worst nightmare. My knees started shaking and I felt like I was going to loose my balance.  All I could keep saying was "we've got to go to the hospital. oh, God her hand, her hand."  

To make a long story short we rushed her to the emergency room, had several x-rays (hard with an 11month old) and left with a bear, motrin, and a "she'll heal faster than you will" from the doctor.  I'm just thinking God that he was watching out for us. I can't help but think "what if it was her head that was in the window."  

"Thank you Lord for watching over us....ps, sorry I took your name in vain.  I'll work on that."  Amen     

2 comments:

  1. Bless your hearts! Can I just tell you that Kev actually slammed the door on lil' Cade's finger once? It was terrible - all purply-gross. We were afraid he'd broken it, but same story as you...it just looked like heck. :)I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this will be a marker in your memory too...The boys had several BIG accidents when they were little (at least they seemed big to me). When anything smaller happened I would say, "At least it isn't as bad as the time Ben bit his tongue in half" or "At least it isn't as bad as the time Will gave himself 2nd degree burns" (Both of which were adult supervised and assisted accidents:)Someday you will say, "At least this isnt' as bad as the time Anna smashed her hand".

    ReplyDelete