Thursday, November 6, 2008

times, they are a changin'


Whether you were for Obama or McCain how could you not be moved by what has taken place? 

Yesterday I was listening to Martin Luther King Jr. "I have a dream" speech.  I started to cry.  It was even more moving than it was the first time I heard it.  His dream has come true.  A black man has been elected to the highest office in America.  And the amazing part is that I am alive to see it!!!  My children will be growing up in a world with a different outlook than what I grew up in.  how amazing??  I feel so blessed!

On the way to the park yesterday (we've gone to the park everyday this week because it has been so beautiful outside) I turned up John Lennon's "Power to the People."  It was such an amazing experience being able to drive around listening to that powerful song while people all over town were taking down their Palin/McCain signs!  I couldn't help but feel giddy!! 

Ok, enough about being part of history and on to the main point of this blog.  Keeping family and friends updated on the life and times of the Crazy family!

Like I said above, we went to the park yesterday.  

I called preacher man at work and begged him to take the rest of the day off so he could go to the park with us.  To my surprise he agreed!!  We had a wonderful afternoon laying around at the county park while Amigo played.  However, while there, we saw some strange characters.  And all of you all know how much I love strange characters. ( I must admit I miss working at the psychiatric hospital)

The first character:
   A young man, around the age of 16, rode up to the park with his bicycle.  We notice that he is talking to himself about weird things and acting like there was two people he was talking to.  However, those two people weren't  there.  I've seen the boy before and I have decided to diagnose him with schizophrenia.  He seems to be the text book case. He also loves to listen to his little headset.  That is another sign.  All the schizophrenic patients at the hospital had their headset on at all times.  The music would deaden the voices that they were hearing.  It was their only escape unless they had the type that only heard voices through the radio

So anyway.  He was fun to observe!!!

The second Character:
   We were trying our best to listen to the first characters conversation with his "friends" when out of no where this man appeared that looked a bit out of place. He had nice black dress pants on that were way to short and a dress shirt.  I thought he was a Dad that was meeting his family at the park like preacher man did.  However, he immediately walked over to the monkey bars and started swinging his arms around like he was stretching.  I said "oh no, is he going too.  Oh tell me he's not."  And he did.  He jumped up and started doing pull ups.  He would pause in between a few and do those stretches of his and then jump right back up on the bars.  He was grunting and everything.  So, there we were with this character doing pull ups while the other character was walking around yelling at himself.  Then all of sudden character 2 stopped doing pull ups and headed towards a tree.  I thought "Oh maybe he is going to do some karate stuff."  No, I was wrong, he started smelling the tree.  SMELLING THE TREE.  I think he might have even licked a leaf.  At least that's what it looked like from where I was sitting.

While we were watching Character 2 we lost track of character 1.  We thought he must have went home.  then all of a sudden we heard a kid scream. Lo and behold character 1 was standing at the bottom of an enclosed slide, screaming boo as the kids came down.  Man, wouldn't that be traumatic for a kid.  

Anyway, we had fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the uniqueness of the characters we were so blessed to encounter!!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment