Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our first Home!

We bought our first home! How strange is that? I mean, seriously, I'm a little freaked out. I own a home. Oh man. What in the world have I gotten myself in to. I feel like I should be more excited than I am. I want to be excited. I guess I'm excited but not as excited as I thought that I would be. i'm thinking maybe it is because once you have given birth, twice, buying a house doesn't really seem as exciting. Lets see...house?....life?.....house?....life? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that having a baby is SO MUCH MORE exciting then buying a house. Nothing tops having a life made out of love!!! I'm thinking this is why people buy the house and then have the baby. I don't know. Just a thought.

Anyway, we own a home. YAAAAY Well, let me rephrase that....we own a house. Over the next couple of months we will be making it into a home. I hope (biting lip).

The whole closing process was a piece of cake. Don't roll your eyes at the screen. It WAS a piece of cake. the only thing about the house buying process that was annoying ( i wouldn't call it stressful) was getting my mutual fund closed out and a check sent to me. Darn Edward Jones could not seem to get anything right.

I must say, however, that I was feeling a little overwhelmed whilst sitting in the conference room at the bank with our attorney (this is another story), our loan officer, our realtor, the seller and the seller's realtor. I sat and stared at the stack of papers we were about to sign and rocked back and forth in my chair, while sitting on my hands. "What are we doing? Is this the right decision? Oh no, I'm signing my childhood away. I have to grow up now. I have a mortgage." At which point Roger looked at me with that crazy, creepy smile and all my fears and worries disappeared "yep, we're making the right decision."

I was feeling pretty calm and starting to get a little bit excited and then the seller handed me the keys. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. It was almost as if some random person on the street walked up, handed me their child and took off running. My immediate reaction was to slide them back across the table and say "ha, funny."

After the whole "holy moley we own a house" smile. We decided to get lunch from a local deli (SubWay) and have a picnic in OUR living room. It was so weird walking into a house that we own. I mean, we OWN a house. How unjasper is that??? OWNING a house. Anyway, we had a lovely lunch!

Then I drove across the street and picked up Paul from school. He has been soooooooooo excited about having his own house. He was very confussed a couple of weeks ago as to why we were not allowed to stay at the house. I tried to explain to him that mom and dad had to give the man money first and then he would give us a key. Well, yesterday while he was at his Nanna's house he found some change on the floor. He grabbed it real fast, jumped up and down and said "I can buy my new house now!!!!" So, when I picked him up from school I took him to the house. While we were on the porch I said "Paul, you know that money you found yesterday? I took it to the man. You know what he gave me??? A KEY!!!!" Then I pulled the key out of my pocket and he jumped up and down faster than I have ever seen him jump. We sat on the stairs in the foyer and enjoyed a snack of apples, marshmallows, and raisons. His little face was priceless. He is so excited and that makes me so happy!!!

Also, I drive around town this afternoon looking for a fitness center, a hair dresser, and cool stores. guess what I found??? THE PEDDLERS MALL!!!!! YAY. It's even better than the peddlers mall where we live now. less junk!!

To end this blog I must say how blessed I feel. God is truly amazing and I have no clue why he has blessed me so much. He amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment