Monday, August 12, 2013

School Year 2013/14

My blood pressure got pretty high last night. Well, high for me. I usually have really low blood pressure. The fact that it was 190/90 was frightening and incredibly painful. 

In true Jessica fashion, I saw my impending death flash before my eyes.  

My husband calmed me down with laughter and breathing exercises. 

Once he reminded me that I had all the right in the world to have high blood pressure, being that it was the night before the start of the school year, my blood pressure started going down, I began to feel better, and I was able to fall asleep.

Paul and Anna started back to school this morning. Paul is in 2nd grade and Anna is in Kindergarten. They both were incredibly excited to be back and were very adamant about me leaving the school building ASAP.   Since when is it not cool to give mom and dad a hug goodbye?

My Seminary classes don't start back until Aug 26th.  THANK GOD.

We just got back from some major road tripping and I have NOTHING ready. The laundry is piled high, the refrigerator is EMPTY, and our yard is a JUNGLE.  And I have no clue how this happened, but our car has turned into a giant ant farm.  Where did they come from?

Not to mention the fact that I need to go through the kid's clothes and toys. That's the point in which I am thankful I only have 2children. So. Much. Stuff.

Needless to say, I have a lot to keep me busy between the hours of 8am and 2pm for the next 2wks.

Honestly, I am excited for the beginning of a new school year. It is a tad bit nice to have a small amount of alone time once again. I'm a better mother and wife when the introvert part of me gets fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment