Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Anna's First Bus Ride

Anna rode the bus home this afternoon. She's been begging to be a bus rider since kindergarten started. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about my 5yr old riding the bus.  It kinda made me unsure. I didn't let Paul start riding the bus home until he was in the 1st grade. Even then I was a bit nervous. 

But Anna insisted and I allowed it. Just one more step towards independence for her, I guess. 

I sat on the front porch, reading, while I waited for her bus to pull up. In the end, Anna got home earlier riding the bus than when I pick her up

Me -"How was your first bus ride?"    (expecting that she had a great time.

Anna - (with disgust on her face) "It was TERRIBLE. The bus was full of boys and they wouldn't stop talking about pee-pee and poo-poo and butts."

It was all I could do not to laugh.



1 comment:

  1. My son was probably one of the kids talking about pee-pee and poo-poo and butts. That seems to be the preferred topic, unfortunately.

    I was hesitant to let him ride, too, but he was adamant. It's been okay. He's learned some things from the other boys on the bus that I kind of wish he hadn't.

    ReplyDelete