Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jasper Family Vacation

Roger took off work this week! It was suppose to be our Family Vacation. After talking it over we decided it would be a week long chill out session with the kids. So, we kicked off the chill out session with a whole day full of legos. Paul called it his "Lego Day With Dad." Roger LOVED to play with legos as a child and saved every single little piece he ever had. He has since given them to his son.
Paul always has so much fun playing with his Dad. A WHOLE day playing with Daddy was a little more than he could handle. He was smiling like this all day long!
On Tuesday we packed up with two small children and bravely attempted to go to a baseball game. Once again, Paul was so excited he couldn't contain himself and Anna wanted to eat any and everything she could get her hands on. We got to the ball park an hour early to eat hot dogs and watch them warm up. Then we left after 3 innings because Anna kept kicking the little old man in front of his right in the head.





On Wednesday we took a family trip to the zoo. We ended up buying a year pass so if any one wants to go to the zoo I am all for tagging along! They had a special dinosaur exhibit set up with life size robotic dinos. Anna was terribly frightened by the thing, I had to keep soothing her the whole time but Paul thought it was the BEST thing in the whole wide world. We had to keep telling him that they weren't real but I don't think he believed us.









WE took a brake walking around the park to let them climb on the play ground. They both played that they were monkeys. Anna kept screaming out "This is my climb. Do you see my climb?"













After the zoo trip we headed back home to celebrate with Jesse on his medical school graduation. In true Pack style he made us a fabulous dinner of salmon, peppers, couscous and a one of a kind chocolate desert! I told him we were suppose to be making the dinner but he insisted that he loves to cook for friends. It was a nice evening catching up with Kyle and Jesse before he moves away to do his residence. I can't believe he is already done with medical school. We are all growing up WAY too fast. Makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Today, Thursday, was Paul's last day of preschool. We couldn't miss that! So we stayed in town and watched him graduate. I can't begin to understand what I am feeling right now. I feel like I am about to send him off to college or that he is getting ready to get married and never talk to me again. But I know in my head that he is just going to kindergarten. That this is just one of those normal transitions. I can't help but miss that small little chubby baby that I had to drag to class with me when I was in college. My little college mascot! What in the world has happened? I am not old enough to be experiencing such emotions. I should be a single girl worried about some career move or whether or not I will find mr. right. It just feels strange to have a child that is so grown up.

But I am so proud of the little man he has become! I love every second that I am blessed to be a part of his life!











Tomorrow we are taking the kids to the grandparents house and heading to stay the night with friends, Jarrod and Alexandria. We've all been way busy with school, work and kids so it is going to be nice to have a chance to catch up over turkey burgers and crash on their couch. Laughter, friends and food always makes me feel better! I wish we could all live in a big house together and eat dinner at the same table every night!

What a great way to end the chill out session that is our week Vacation! I feel so blessed to have so many special people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment