Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Anna's ear tubes

Anna did super fantastic!  I am so proud of her.

We put her to bed around 6:30pm last night so that she would be fully rested when we got her up around 6am to go to the hospital. She was the happiest child there! All giggly, smiley and saying "Hi baby" to everyone.

I was nervous about the nurses having to take her away but when they reached for her she went with them as she waved bye to me and hi to them. 

Waiting in the waiting room was pleasant. I don't get a lot of sitting time during the day so it was nice to sit for 15 min with a good book, knowing that my child was in good hands.  

After the procedure the Doctor spoke with us shortly and commented on how pleasant Anna was!  She didn't cry at all. She was all smiles. So precious!

Roger and I stood in the hall, by the OR doors, expecting Anna to emerge in a groggy, upset state.  But when the doors opened out walked our precious little baby, in the arms of a nurse, with a big smile on her face. She waved hi to us and bye to the nurse.

We got to the hospital around 6:40am and we got home, with tubes in her ears, at 8:25am.  WOW!!  Pretty fast!!  The best of all is that Anna is in a FANTASTIC mood!  She is starting to get a little fussy but that is to be expected. She is in need of a nap.

Today was a great experience!  Thank you for all the prayers.  And guess what?  I didn't get freaked out. It was very peaceful!

Here is the quote of the morning by Roger "Listen, I have an oral fixation and I am going to need some coffee. "  I sure hope he finally got that coffee when he got to work! I on the other hand got up before the kids to enjoy a nice cup of earl gray before heading out!  That's what I call a smart Mamma!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that Anna's surgery went well.
    I read your last post re Paul, and the teacher in me has to comment, I ended up waiting to send both of my summer boys until they were 6. I am glad that I did for soooo many reasons. Let me know if you want to discuss. I'm on FB. Or you can call me. I'm in the book.

    ReplyDelete