Friday, January 23, 2009

Beautiful day full of strangeness

Today has been an absolutely beautiful day!!! I have had so much fun with the kiddos. We played together all morning long until Anna FINALLY took a nap and then I gave Paul boy a bath. He played in the bath for a whole hr until I finally said he had to get out. While he was in the bath I took that time to write a letter for our relator. She has had a claim filed against her that she didn't sell us this house we are in. I wont go into details but the claim is RIDICULOUS. So, we are writing a letter for her stating all that she did.

When Paul got out of the bath, at 11:15am, I immediately jumped in the shower. At that point I was feeling NASTEY. Then came lunch time. It was nutts, as usual. Anna wanted this/didn't want that. Paul wanted a picnic on the porch. Yaaaada Yaaaadaa yaada. After lunch was over I REFUSED to clean up the mess that was made and ushered the kids outside for a walk to the local, very local, park. We took Paul's basketball and we "played" on the court for a while before heading over to the equipment.

Now, this is going to sound really strange, but bare with me. While we were at the park a HUGE van, like church van size, pulled up. A father figure jumped out of the drivers side, ran around to the passenger doors and began drill sergeant yelling. Then all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of kids came running out, there were eight He then yelled "you have 30 min GO!!" It was WILD. Throughout the 30min I watched in AMAZEMENT that all of these kids were his. The drill sergeant guy was the dad. All the kids were VERY well behaved and all the bigger ones took care of the little ones. I was reminiscing about when I was little hanging out with all of my cousins when all of a sudden the Father yelled "LINE UP!!!" I was like Oh you aren't." And he totally did. he lined the kids up Vontrapp style, oldest to youngest. Then he yelled "Give me 10!! NOW. DROP IT." And all of these kids dropped to the ground, in the middle of the muddy play ground, and did pushups. Even the 3 year old was doing them. I was beginning to get FREAKED OUT. Then he had them do several different marches in place while they chanted ARMY type things. Then all of a sudden the dad took off running and the kids followed. The little one, 3 years old, was having trouble keeping up so the other kids kept on running and the Dad ran back to tell the little one to keep up. The whole time they were singing "I don't know what you've been told........" FREAKED ME OUT. SERIOUSLY. They're kids. HOLY CRAP. There're kids. The dad must have been a retired drill sergeant or something. WEIRD.

However, the kids did look like they were having fun and the dad was in no way mean to them. It was like they were all playing a game. It was still weird for me though and of course Paul stood there staring at them the whole time saying boy, what are you doing boy?? HA HA HA you're funny boy." I kept going "sssssshhhh paul." But to be honest I was staring too and laughing on the inside.

Oh and the kids kept moving the big picnic tables under the shelter and trying to climb up on the roof. The dad was like "you can do it if you CAN. Let me see you. ADDA BOY!!" I was like "This man's wife has given birth to a family of ninjas." I totally wish I would have had my video camera. You know me, I would have recorded the whole thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment