Thursday, December 17, 2009

substitute

Tuesday I worked outside of the home for the first time in 2 years. I am on call as a substitute teacher for Paul's preschool!  It works out great because if I get called in Anna can go with me, I don't get charged for Paul that day and on top of that I get paid.  I feel like I am cheating. Like I am getting the better end of the deal. 

I got to work in the baby room where there were two 11 month old boys and a little 14 month old girl. It  was so quiet! The baby boys were content to sit on the floor chewing on toys while the little girl walked around the room smiling. They were so adorable and I got lots and lots of cuddle time.  It helped to tame that baby fever! 

It was so relaxing to get to sit on my bum and smile at the little people all day.  I'm just so used to running up and down the stairs getting the laundry put away, scrubbing toilets, mopping the floor, chasing Anna around and cleaning up her messes, stopping fights between a 3year old and a 1year old, and threatening to put Anna in time out if she screams "one more time."  It was nice to have a change. 

I got the check today and was floored by how much  money I made in that small amount of enjoyable time. It paid a WHOLE bill.  Maybe I should get a part-time job.  School, kids and a part-time job.  Could I handle that?  I guess it depends on what kind of job.  Lord knows I'm not going to go back to work at the psych hospital.  Or should I?  Humm. It paid so well and I got good insurance for working part-time. I could work on friday nights like I used to while I was in college. 

Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy my adorable little family and think about how blessed I have been this year. Two healthy, happy and absolutely beautiful children. A husband that adores me. A house that I have always dreamed of.  Neighbors that are just too kind.  Friends that let me vent.  It has been a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment