Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Story Book



Let me just start out by saying WHERE IS THE FALL WEATHER??  I am sitting here in the living room with the fan on and the windows open, dripping in sweat. Explain this to me. I am not one to complain about warm weather but I am ready for it to cool off.

Ok, now, on to what I was inspired to write about. The cuteness of my little family. Let me first set up the story. Paul was running around the house with one of those scary horse heads on a stick that some toy maker made to inspire children to play "look at me I'm a jockey." They scare me. Just look at them. They are simply horse heads on sticks. Strange. Anyway, Roger said "you know what a person is called that rides a horse in a race? A Jockey!"  

Fast forward to the end of the evening.   I am standing in the bathroom washing my face as I over hear Roger putting Paul to bed. "Do you know what a person that works at the library is called? A librarian. Do you know what a person that works at the hospital is called? A Doctor. Do you know what a person that rides a horse is called? A jockey."  Then he gets to "do you know what a person that works at a church is called?"  There was a small pause and Paul yells out in excitement "DADDY!!!!"   Roger and Paul both giggled, "I love you son!"  "I love you too Dad."   

I just thought that was so incredibly precious. Over hearing it made my heart smile. It is funny to think how far Roger and I have come. I had to stop in the middle of washing my face to reflect. I met him in the 4th grade, we started dating at 15, got married at 20, graduated college together, had two children together and bought a house together.  Who would have thought that the little boy I had a massive crush on in the 4th grade, the one with crazy hair, crazy clothes and crazy facial expressions, would one day be tucking in our son into bed. Sometimes, we do end up with a story book life!


A picture of Roger and Paul during his senior year of college. Paul loved to sit with Roger while he was typing papers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment