Tuesday, October 28, 2008

downtown living



So far we have been pre approved by two banks!!!  We're talking to the third one at 1:30pm today and then talking to my financial agent who handles my mutual fund at Edward Jones.  They informed us yesterday that they would be willing to give us a home loan.  She said it would be better than what any bank could offer us.  I guess we'll see.  So far we have been getting AWESOME offers from banks.  It's so fun to shop around for loans.  It makes me feel so special to have these banks compete for our money.  ***smile***

Preacher Man was gone ALL DAY yesterday.  He didn't get home from class until 9:30pm.  Today he's not getting home from work until late so we are going to meet him for dinner.  Once again, having a home there would be AWESOME.  he could just walk over to the house for a dinner break instead of us driving all the way there and eating out.  Moving there is going to be a BIG MONEY SAVER!!  The most our house payment will be is 750 a month and that is including the home owners insurance. It'll probably be lower than that because we are not giving the woman what she is asking.  We're going to start out by offering 20,000 less than her asking price.  Just to see if she bites.  I'm thanking Mr. Sid for that bit of advice.  And the good Lord above!!

This is all so exciting.  I'm not as excited about the being a home owner (although I am LOVING the house) as I am the fact that we are going to be living within walking distance of the church, the park, the library, Amigo's preschool, downtown!!  When I say walking distance I mean all of this stuff is like 2 minutes away on foot.  VERY CLOSE!!!  We're going to use the house as an outreach to the community.  We're going to start weekly bible studies and youth events!!  ***smile***  Our house theme is "you need a place to sleep, eat, sit and talk? The door is always open. "  Something to that exstint. 


Ok, enough about that.  I must go eat lunch before little chica wakes up.  Adios!!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment