Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Anna!

Our baby girl is 7 years old today. our BABY.

The baby of the family that I never thought that I would have, is 7 years old.

That is cRaZY.

My pregnancy with Anna was an emotional train wreck. At 6 months pregnant I woke up covered in blood. My placenta had abrupted.  I was placed on bed rest for 4weeks and she was eventually taken by emergency C-section.  She left the hospital at 4pounds. Even the preemie clothes swallowed her.


I was filled with emotions when I held her for the first time. For months, after having experienced a placenta abruption, I had been preparing myself to lose her, the doctors and nurses and chaplains had been preparing me to lose her, and there she was, alive and healthy. 

It was surreal.   



 Our sweet baby daughter, with that sweet new baby smell.



I should have known that the drama that she bought before she was born would continue on after she was born.  The child is full of spunk and determination.

From the stories that I hear from my parents, aunts and uncles, I am raising a little me.  And let me tell you, it is EXHAUSTING . . . and oh so fun. I look forward to seeing what walls she will knock down that are placed in front of her, literally and figuratively.








"Mommy, why do you still have to go to school? You can read REALLY well already."



For her 7th birthday she has requested a karaoke machine.  The child came out of my womb singing.

That sweet little voice gets me every time.



I pray that she never stops dancing and singing and smiling and laughing.



We love you sweet Anna. 

Happy Birthday darling girl!

w/ Naomi, her best friend since preschool



1 comment: