Friday, November 11, 2011

I am not good with titles

Oh boy, here it comes.  Here comes the I am tired blog.
That dreaded blog that readers role their eyes and say "if only she knew how blessed she is."
Yep.
This is THAT kind of blog, so if you don't want to read a blog like that then I would advise you to stop reading.

Like seriously, I would stop reading right now because I am getting ready to start the rant.

I am sooooooo tired.
Not tired in a physical sense, I get plenty of sleep at night, but tired in an emotional sense.
These kids are NONSTOP.
WHew Boy!
I miss the days that they would sit on the floor chewing on some teething rings.
The days that I wasn't constantly having to deal with this:


It is rather exhausting to be in a constant inquisition.

Why mom? 
Can I help? 
What is that? 
Guess What?  
Watch me do this? 
Can you help me with something? 
Why are you cooking that for dinner? 
Do I really have to take a bath? 

I'm good to go until about 6pm in the evening.  By that time I am super tired and ready for someone else to step in to parent but Roger has been super busy with work and school.  
I have found that saying the Jesus prayer CONSTANTLY in my mind throughout the evenings (Lord Jesus Christ, Have mercy on me a sinner) has helped give me the strength and patience to push through until bed time.

Like for example, right now at this very second Anna is looking over my shoulder and Paul is sitting on my legs giggling because he finds something that I am doing absolutely hillarious.  I can barely see the screen to type because Anna keeps trying to push buttons on the key board.

I was vacuuming the floor upstairs and ran into the ceiling.  I love these old houses but that upstairs ceiling gets me all the time.  It about knocked me out.  

Did I tell you about the time I was putting some stuff away in the little closet upstairs and forgot I was in the little closet?  You have to bend down to get into the closet but it is big enough inside to stand in. I was standing in it putting things away. I heard one of the kids scream "MOMMY" and turned around real fast to take off running. I ran smack dab into the wall, forgetting that I had to bend back down to get out of the closet.
That really hurt.
Have I mentioned that I have done that several times?

I have moved several different places in the house to sit for a second and type out this blog.
It is hilarious but a tad bit frustrating that the kids keep finding me and crawling all over me.
I now understand why my Dad would hide in the bathroom when I was little.
But then again, I tried the hiding in the bathroom thing. The kids found me and started pushing stuff under the door and banging on it while saying "Mommy why are you in there? What are you doing?"

Most hours of the day I so enjoy these two blessings in my life, they crack me up!  But the nonstop talking, question asking and occasional sibling rivalry on top off all the house work and food prep is EXHAUSTING.
Not to mention trying my hardest to make sure that Roger gets enough quite time to prepare sermons and work on homework when he isn't in class.   I honestly think that the day he graduates I am going to have a hard time not crying. It is going to be such a relief.   I am THAT excited about his graduation.  I bet he is even more excited than I am.  It has been 5 years of FULL TIME grad work on top of his full time job. Plus all the driving to and from Georgetown (4 hours round trip)  I don't even want to think about how tired he must be.     

Anyway, I want to have a whole weekend of bubble bathes and sitcoms on HULU.  
That's what I feel like.

Can I tell ya a secret?  
I have been pouring me a bubble bath, sitting the laptop on the stool in the bathroom and watching the news on HULU while I soak away the day in the tub.
It is AWESOME! 










No comments:

Post a Comment